Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Nearly finished IBU trials final.

Despite my best efforts I am a long way behind Carroll Garvey Hanlon and McGann.
However so far I am well ahead of Rory Boland and he is already retired to the bar since board 128.

Still 15 hands to go and I am going backwards ar a fast speed. 
Would be terrible to end up behind Rory Boland. 

Maybe I will get some plus scores to move myself upward. 

Outside in Swords the Beast from the East has landed. Had to sweep snow off Angelas car a while ago so she could go to work. However the dog still asks to go out to do his business. 
Its a little windy and snow is no longer falling. 

Jill Kulchycky who recently won IBU ladies trials (along with Tersesa Rigney) passed away yesterday. Details can be found on www.rip.ie. Jill also took the Ladies prize at the recent Holmes Wilson Trophy with her team mates. Its not normal to win a trials and be gone before the event you qualified for takes place. 

Anyway I will play the last 15 boards in time and report back. 

The Beast is still blowing outside and its only 724am .. Been up an hour already. 

Camrose Trophy this weekend in CityNorth ...all welcome Beast permitting ..









No comments: